[Mpi3-ft] Piggybacking API

Terry Dontje Terry.Dontje at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 22 06:33:38 CDT 2008

Supalov, Alexander wrote:
> Possibly less so if this stuff is put into an optional subset, I hope.
> In that case only those who care will, er, care.

That helps a little except for the fact that the spec is the spec and
the APIs will be documented
and available for all to see.  I also believe that most general purpose
MPI libraries will be aiming
to support the full specification.  So subsetting will not be a complete
hall pass to ignore the PB
calls nor would I recommend ignoring them.

Note, I was just wondering if there was a different way to support this
feature than doubling the
amount of send apis.

--td