[MPIWG Fortran] What compilers support TS 29113?

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 08:59:18 CDT 2015

On Jun 24 2015, Bill Long wrote:

> I think the "except for" is a pretty significant hole here.

Yes.  What it means is that it works only for arrays of intrinsic types.
That accounts for the majority of uses, but not all.  And it's not a
reasonably thing to document as a restriction.

>It is
> certainly possible for a C programmer to take the TS 29113 descriptions
> and write a header file and the utility functions specified there.

Which doesn't help in this case, because it's not the missing functions
that are the problem, but the generated code.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.