[MPIWG Fortran] F08 and pair types?

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Dec 8 12:22:45 CST 2015

I'm sorry, but I expect that deprecation of a language binding
is not possible for a feature that is still valid in other languages (here C).

This means, that MINLOC and MAXLOC are as they are defined
and there is no reason to deprecate them.
They are not wrong and nobody want to pay the maintenance costs
for modifying existing applications that use MIN/MAXLOC.

The only way to do it better, is to add a new feature, e.g.,
MINLOC_F08 and MAXLOC_F08 which is valid only for the new
mpi_f08 module.

Rolf