[MPIWG Fortran] [mpiwg-tools] Proposal: MPI_SIZEOF not profiled

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Mon May 19 10:34:55 CDT 2014

On May 19, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Rolf Rabenseifner <rabenseifner at hlrs.de> wrote:

> Yes, the "allowed as macros" on MPI-3.0 p555:32
> would allow a different mechanism for these routines
> that makes them non-interceptable.
>
> If this "non-interceptable" is done by other means
> than macro, then p555:35 "For routines implemented
> as macros, it is still required that the PMPI_
> version be supplied" would not apply!

I was curious why the PMPI versions had been exempted in the text quoted in the ticket.  It seems to contradict the text quoted above.  I’m inclined to require that the C library PMPI versions be supplied even if the MPI versions are implemented as non-interceptable.  The PMPI version could be as simple as a wrapper around a macro.  But it ensures that the C library PMPI version exists for cross-language calling (where macros don’t work).