[MPIWG Fortran] [MPI Forum] #424: Incorrect Fortran type for flag in IMPROBE

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Fri May 16 14:08:50 CDT 2014

> Bill/Junchao -- did you use INTEGER or LOGICAL?  If you used LOGICAL,
> too, then we can probably make this an errata and not worry about
> backwards compatibility issues.

Even if somebody used INTEGER, we need not to worry, because then,
the routine was unusable, because in Fortran there is no integer value
defined for true and false.

Therefore, this routine was unusable.

And, an errata should not have a backward compatibility problem, because
it changes the routine from its beginning ;-)

Rolf

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . (Office: Room 1.307)