[MPIWG Fortran] Type of MPI_Status

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Mar 17 14:48:28 CDT 2014

On Mar 17, 2014, at 3:39 PM, Bill Long <longb at cray.com> wrote:

> Ultimately, the problem always comes back to the decision to use default INTEGER and REAL declarations in the MPI interfaces.  It appears that OpenMPI is opting for specific KIND values instead.

Yes, but my KIND is the default INTEGER kind -- not the C_INT kind.  Mine is solely for the purpose of making it BIND(C)-able:

   ! Get the KIND value that will be compatible with C, but also be a
   ! default INTEGER.  That way, all the BIND(C) types below will be
   ! compatible with BIND(C) (because their member(s) will be BIND(C)
   ! compatible).
   integer, parameter :: OMPI_INT_KIND = kind(INTEGER)

   type, BIND(C) :: MPI_Comm
      integer(OMPI_INT_KIND) :: MPI_VAL
   end type MPI_Comm

(similar thing with MPI_Status)