[MPIWG Fortran] Another MPI_SIZEOF question

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Tue Jun 10 09:48:26 CDT 2014

On Jun 10, 2014, at 9:41 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres at cisco.com> wrote:

> Same question as I asked before: Is 2003 or 2008+TS29113 required for SIZEOF?  I have no knowledge of when INTERFACE blocks were added to Fortran.

Interface blocks were added in F90.

> I'm asking this because DIMENSION(..) is *useful* to implement MPI_SIZEOF succinctly/easily, but it is not *required*.

MPI_SIZEOF is most easily written with the new features, but it is possible (tedious) to write a version without.

Bill Long                                                                       longb at cray.com
Fortran Technical Suport  &                                  voice:  651-605-9024
Bioinformatics Software Development                     fax:  651-605-9142
Cray Inc./ Cray Plaza, Suite 210/ 380 Jackson St./ St. Paul, MN 55101