[MPIWG Fortran] Another MPI_SIZEOF question

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Jun 10 08:48:28 CDT 2014

> As far as I can tell from the
> requirement that MPI_SIZEOF be supported, mpif.h also requires
> Fortran 2008 + TS29113, meaning that many legacy MPI programs cannot
> be compiled with a standard conforming MPI implementation and a
> Fortran compiler that implements only, say, Fortran 2008 (but not
> the TS29113, which is *not* part of the standard) or Fortran 2003.

Section 17.1.6 on page 609 "MPI for Different Fortran Standard Versions"
tries to define the rules for standard compliant MPI-3.0 with
a Fortran 77, 90, 95, 2003, and 2003/2008+TS29113 compiler,
i.e., MPI-3.0 can be implemented with the restrictions,
e.g., MPI_SUBARRAYS_SUPPORTED needs to be set to .FALSE..

Rolf