[MPIWG Fortran] Webex meeting

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:10:17 CST 2014

Hi Bill64,

You should read the MPI-3 RMA chapter, focusing on references to
MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE_SHARED.

Standardizing interoperability with Fortran images is pretty far out
of scope.  You can refer to past discussion of interoperability with
UPC (it might have all been face-to-face, unfortunately) and the
endpoints proposal for further information.

When the Fortran community cares enough about coarrays to implement
them in an scalable* way on machines other than the high-end Cray
systems**, it may become more important for the MPI Forum to worry
about coarray interoperability.

* Meaning that access to images on other nodes achieves a reasonable
fraction of Send-Recv bandwidth.
** Has the situation changed regarding Cray Fortran not being
available on the Cray CS series?

Best,

Jeff