[MPIWG Fortran] MPI-3 ticket 349: Fortran question

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 08:20:41 CST 2013

Hi Rolf,

Thank you very much for the feedback!  Sorry if I forgot to respond; the
comments definitely were not ignored.  We discussed the Aint difference
calculation in the working group and decided to create an additional ticket
for MPI_Aint_disp.  We did not see a clean way to handle this in
MPI_Aint_add, because both arguments need to be handled as unsigned in the
arithmetic.

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/404

I have a list of fixes the to the datatypes examples that I'll post to the
ticket soon.

Jeff Squyres is also helping us move the MPI_Aint arithmetic routines to
functions in the Fortran bindings.  Should be done today.

Were there any other concerns that we missed?

Thanks,
 ~Jim.