[MPI3 Fortran] MPI_SIZEOF question

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon May 23 13:16:01 CDT 2011

On May 23, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Bill Long wrote:

> Ultimately, I'd be inclined to just scrap the routine as redundant.

This function has been there since 1996 (i.e., MPI-2).

Is it now obsolete?  I.e., the Fortran instrinsic STORAGE_SIZE suitable?  If so, we can deprecate the old MPI_SIZEOF function and not put it in the new MPI-3 fortran module... but it still has to be implemented in the existing MPI-2 fortran "use mpi" module (even if it's deprecated).

Can you answer Rolf's questions?  I'm particularly interested in the fortran wrapper questions.

jsquyres at cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: