[MPI3 Fortran] Nonblocking MPI and Fortran temporary memory modifications

Dan Nagle dannagle at verizon.net
Mon Mar 28 11:46:25 CDT 2011

Hello,

On Mar 28, 2011, at 12:14 , Rasmussen, Craig E wrote:

> So the question is not about whether a compiler implements ASYNCHRONOUS I/O but whether it respects the ASYNCHRONOUS semantics.

I think the question is whether a processor respects
its own asynchronous semantics.

I would be perverse to require processor A to respect
what processor B (C, D, E, ...) _might_ do in some,
perhaps very rare, circumstances.

Annex A is four pages.  The Fortran standard is a set
of restrictions on programs, not processors, unless otherwise
explicitly stated.

--
Cheers!

Dan Nagle