[MPI3 Fortran] MPI draft 2011-04-21

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Sat Apr 30 14:44:17 CDT 2011

Hubert,

thank you very much for your in-deep reading.

It is hard to keep such a new interface consistent with
the rest of MPI and the Fortran standard and if you did not find more
problems, then I'm happy!

I'll do nearly all of your advices, therefore only a few comments:

> (*) Page 545, Lines 36-40:
> Therefore, ... and ",..., s(96)" in Line 40.
This part is keppt,because the descriptor describes all these elements.

> (*) Page 546, Line 17 and Line 21:
> The font of _NOT_ in MPI_SUBARRAYS_NOT_SUPPORTED is too large.
I used this larger font to highlight the "NOT" which should not be overread.

> (*) Section Fortran Support Through the mpi_f08 Module and
> Section Fortran Support Through the mpi Module
> "Provide Interfaces for all MPI routines, ..."
> Does all include the deprecated MPI routines ?

I make it more clear: in mpi_f08 the deprecated routines must be included
at least in the quality as in the mpi module.

> What should item "Declare each argument with an INTENT=IN, OUT, or
> INOUT as appropriate" mean ?
Yes, I change to "as defined in this standard".

Best regards
Rolf