[MPI3 Fortran] [Interop-tr] [Mpi-forum] Comment on Fortran WG5 ballot N1846

Rasmussen, Craig E rasmussn at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 19 16:40:14 CDT 2011

I know we didn't want to change the API of MPI_Wait because scope of the call to MPI_Wait may not have access to buf.  However, your example does have access to buf so why not just overload MPI_Wait to take an additional argument:

      CALL MPI_Wait(rq, buf1)
      CALL MPI_Wait(rq, buf2)   ! from an MPI perspective this has no effect as the request has already been satisfied

Although this could be a little slower than a call to MPI_F_SYNC_REG as the library has to look at the rq argument.

-craig