[MPI3 Fortran] MPI-3, the Interoperability TR and choice buffers

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 26 07:42:33 CDT 2010

I am posting this to mpi3-fortran at lists.mpi-forum.org and
interop-tr at j3-fortran.org separately, to avoid respondents on only one
of those getting lots of rejection messages.  People on both will get
two copies.  Sorry.

It attempts to describe the problems to do with changing MPI to use the
proposed assumed-rank facility, why what I believe to be the current
approach cannot be made to work, and to propose something that will.
I may have made a fundamental error, but I don't think so.

And I know that I have over-simplified the situation, but I hope that
what I have said is more-or-less correct in the context of MPI's use
of Fortran!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:  nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679