[MPI3 Fortran] Change character string declarations?

Lionel, Steve steve.lionel at intel.com
Wed May 26 15:48:40 CDT 2010

I think this is reasonable, though are you also changing other declarations to use the :: syntax?  CHARACTER(*) works too.  As for kind parameters, we've had extensive arguments about this before.  For character kinds, I suggest that leaving off the kind may be for the best - otherwise you'll perhaps need to reference ISO_C_BINDING's C_CHAR constant, and that seems to annoy others on this list.  "Default character" is probably safe and won't confuse users.

Steve