[MPI3 Fortran] Deprecate mpif.h?

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 13:26:56 CST 2010

On Mar 4 2010, Supalov, Alexander wrote:

>What is it that you doubt: the peace or the 99%?

Both.  As I said, there are quite a lot of people who want a cleaner
interface but have no interest in the new features.  And there will
always be some people who want every new gimmick but aren't prepared
to change from coding in Fortran 77 - I was seeing people who were
still coding in the Fortran 66 subset of Fortran 77 (with, very
reluctantly, some use of CHARACTER) until quite recently!

So we won't get peace.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.