[MPI3 Fortran] Deprecate mpif.h?

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 07:46:31 CST 2010

On Mar 4 2010, Hubert Ritzdorf wrote:

> I was thinking for the specific object files which might be generated
> together with the MPI module when compiling the MPI module. These object
> files have to be additionally specified within the link step, if the
> compiler generates such object files for the specific mpi module.

That's almost trivial to solve, and has been solved many times before.
A single library contains both sets of object files, and the compiled
code contains a reference to what it needs.

All the implementor needs to do is to ensure that there are no name
clashes, and the object files will interoperate.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.