[MPI3 Fortran] What to do with mpif.h in MPI-3?

Torsten Hoefler htor at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Jan 25 22:08:31 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:51:38PM -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2010, at 10:46 PM, Torsten Hoefler wrote:
>
> > > There has been some discussion on the mailing list (by 1 person) since
> > > ATL about *not* using an "MPI_Count" datatype (rather, use uint64_t or
> > > somesuch), but my $0.02 is that we should use MPI_Count.
> > Sure, the naming is an orthogonal discussion. I tend to agree to use the
> > standard-conforming approach for F77 (i.e., *no* MPI_COUNT but rather
> > INTERGER*8).
>
> Heh -- INTEGER*8 isn't standard.  :-)
D'oh, I didn't take my Fortran book on my travel but
http://www.fortran.com/F77_std/f77_std.html doesn't list any mechanism
to influence the size of an INTEGER. What am I missing?

> I would think that a standards-based approach would be something like
> INTEGER(KIND=MPI_COUNT_KIND), right?
Ok, I thought both was allowed, but I'm voting for whatever the F77
standard supports.

Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler       | Postdoctoral Fellow