[MPI3 Fortran] Fortran extra_state argument to MPIattributefunctions

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Thu May 28 12:53:51 CDT 2009

Jim Xia wrote:

> Using module variables is a nice way to go.  But I don't think that
> solves all the aliasing problems.
No one said it needs to solve all "aliasing problems" (god knows what
*exactly* that means). If you can make a list of "all the aliasing
problems" we can go through it. But Ian posted a particular example, and
my answer that if he puts TARGET on the array extra his example will be
conforming and work on any conforming compiler still stands.

> Also to Aleks:  We've discussed this TARGET attribute for too long.
>  Let's agree to disagree :-).
Not really. You simply fail to understand the difference between this
example and other "aliasing problems". I would recommend you reread
section 12.5.2.4 and most notably the top of page 296 in 09-007r2.

When someone from outside the committee asks a question and there is an
official answer we cannot disagree. This is what interps are for. If you
want to argue that I can submit an interp and I can guarantee you my
answer will be the official one?

Best,
Aleks