[MPI3 Fortran] Specify IN/OUT/INOUT in MPI spec?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu May 28 09:28:41 CDT 2009

Ok, will do.  Three complicating factors:

1. Very minor: I need to get the MPI forum to agree that this is a
good/worthwhile thing to do.  This probably will not be hard, but it
is a checkmark I need to get first.

2. After I get the approval for #1,
2a. We'll probably need to iterate a small number of times on exactly
how we want the bindings to appear both in the text and in the
appendixes (with appropriate latex macros, etc.).
2b. After that's done, then it's the monkey work of applying the
changes throughout all the document.

3. Very annoying: the Forum is ridiculously protective of the official
LaTeX for the standards document (e.g., the SVN holding it is not
publicly accessible).  However, Intel is a member of the Forum, so I
can give you the general read-only username/password that is used by
all Forum members to see the current document:

Username: **********
Password: **********

--> FWIW: the MPI-2.2 document hasn't been finalized yet (https://svn.mpi-forum.org/svn/mpi-forum-docs/trunk/MPI-2.2
), and therefore it hasn't been copied to the MPI-3 directory in the
SVN tree yet.

If I take on #1 and #2a, are you volunteering for #2b?

On May 28, 2009, at 8:49 AM, Lionel, Steve wrote:

> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
> > The MPI document is in latex -- can you cope with that?
>
> I'm sure I can.  Please provide a pointer or send me a copy.
>

> Steve Lionel
> Intel Developer Support
> Nashua, NH
>

> On May 27, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Lionel, Steve wrote:
>
> > I volunteer to do this work - I've done things like it before.  All
> > I'll need is a document with the routine specifications or the .h
> > files for the C++ version.
> >

> > Steve Lionel
> > Intel Developer Support
> > Nashua, NH