[MPI3 Fortran] Specify IN/OUT/INOUT in MPI spec?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue May 26 11:39:39 CDT 2009

I note that none of the current Fortran API interface specifications
in MPI-2.1 list the intent of the parameters.  Do we want to update
all of MPI in 3.0 to list the INTENT, and/or use "more modern Fortran
notation", e.g.:

subroutine MPI_Get_count(status, datatype, count, ierr)
   integer, dimension(MPI_STATUS_SIZE), intent(in) :: status
   integer, intent(in) :: datatype
   integer, intent(out) :: count
   integer, intent(out) :: ierr
end subroutine MPI_Get_count

This will be a big text editing job, but it is mainly monkey work /
manual labor -- it shouldn't be too complicated or complex.

Cisco Systems