[MPI3 Fortran] Request for a straw vote.

Craig Rasmussen crasmussen at newmexicoconsortium.org
Fri Jun 12 11:52:00 CDT 2009

Bill, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.  I'm assuming
the choice buffers are represented by DIMENSION(..) so the MPI
implementation must deal with dope vectors so the issue of copy-in/
copy-out doesn't come up.  This is for any MPI call with a "choice
buffer" so it doesn't have anything to do MPI_Wait and MPI_Request, ...

However, there was an earlier discussion raised by Jim about how a
compiler might want to copy-in/copy-out even if for assumed-shape
arrays.  I think Jim's example had to do with copying vector sized
objects even though the user is only using a portion of a vector.

So does DIMENSION(..) restrict copy-in/copy-out?

-craig