[MPI3 Fortran] Agenda for MPI3 Fortran Working group next week

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jun 3 08:13:41 CDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:26 AM, N.M. Maclaren wrote:

> What's going on with that site?  Firstly, it uses https with a
> certificate
> that SUSE 11.1 doesn't recognise.

The CA for that SSL certificate is here -- it covers all sites run by
the Indiana University Computer Science department (e.g., including
the Open MPI SSL-enabled web sites):

     http://www.cs.indiana.edu/Facilities/FAQ/Mail/csci.crt

Install that CA and you should have no problems getting to the site.
Or just install the Firefox exception and you should be fine, too.

Rationale: IU is willing to provide all the hosting facilities and
support, but no one wanted to pay the $$$ for an "official" SSL
certificate.  An <recognizes-CA>-signed SSL certificate would provide
no more security than a well-run CA-signed SSL scheme by the IU CS
Department. The audience of this web site (a few dozen people) is
simply too small to justify the cost.

Complain if you want to, but IMNSHO, IU has done a damn fine job of
hosting both Open MPI and the MPI Forum (and absorbing all the
associated costs).  Yes, I feel a little strongly about this issue.  :-)

> Secondly, when I override that (which is
> not a good idea, in general), I get an "invalid handle" message.

We're using Trac to keep track of MPI 2.2/3 proposals.  Sometimes it
unfortunately exhibits bugs like this -- just reload the page and it
should be fine.  I just went to that page right now and it worked for
me, FWIW.

Cisco Systems