[MPI3 Fortran] (j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3886) [ukfortran] [MPI3 Fortran] MPI non-blocking transfers

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Thu Jan 22 10:11:47 CST 2009

Adding the MPI list back into the reply.  Please use "reply all" for
this discussion....

N.M. Maclaren wrote:
> On Jan 22 2009, Van Snyder wrote:
>

>> One simple step toward solving the problem is to write an extra
>> interface layer that includes the argument, which then calls the real
>> MPI wait routine, not passing that argument.  Then declaring the buffer
>> and the dummy argument of the wait routine interface layer to be
>> ASYNCHRONOUS ought to work, according to the rules we already have in
>> place for Fortran asynchronous I/O.

The basic problem with adding a buffer argument to a variant of the
MPI_wait routines is that the buffer variable may not be accessible in
the scoping unit of the call.  This seems like a fatal flaw with this
approach.

Bill Long                                   longb at cray.com