[MPI3 Fortran] Proposed solution for the volatile buffer problem

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Wed Jan 14 17:25:00 CST 2009

Bill Long wrote:

> If you modify the asynchronous attribute to
> be effective at every call boundary, rather than just at wait
> statements
No one proposed that. I proposed that only SYNC MEMORY be identified as
a special boundary, Nick proposed some new intrinsics for that purpose.

> It would be much better (and less confusing)
> to come up with a different attribute name for what you want.
Sure, if you'd like. But there still needs to be an attribute. Just
identifying the culprit CALL statement is not enough---this seems to me
what the argument was about.
Aleks