[MPI3 Fortran] MPI buffer arguments - void and call-by-reference

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 19 12:32:40 CST 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 08:00, Bill Long wrote:
> So, I think that continuing to support the current style of
> interface is not really optional.
Am I understanding correctly that the official J3 response is what Nick
said:
> Saying about the existing interface "this
> is non-standard, so check with your compiler documentation whether it
> works and how to do that" is merely describing the current situation.
> Which is livable with, even if not nice.
That is, are we telling the MPI Forum: Live with non-standard extensions
and the current interface, or upgrade to a better, standard, safer
interface that we will provide tools/features for in the upcoming
Interop TR?

I am perfectly fine with such a response, at least it will settle things
down.

Thanks,
Aleks