[MPI3 Fortran] MPI non-blocking transfer

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Mon Feb 9 17:06:51 CST 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009 14:57, Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:
>       2.3 The existing solution must continue to work, i.e.,
>           all existing and correct MPI applications must continue
>           to work.
There is no "existing solution", unless you count VOLATILE, which is
only standard as of Fortran 2003. As you say,
>       2.4 It is not my goal to automatically correct existing wrong
>           MPI applications, i.e., applications without the DD trick
the DD thing is a trick (I call them hacks), and actually does not solve
the full problem, e.g., Nick has pointed out that problems can occur at
the site of the call to MPI_Isend, *not* just the site of the wait (but
the cases when it fails are marginal and likely do not happen often
enough to notice).
Best,
Aleks
--
Aleksandar Donev, Ph.D.
Lawrence Postdoctoral Fellow @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
E-mail: donev1 at llnl.gov
Phone: (925) 424-6816  Fax: (925) 423-0785
Address: P.O.Box 808, L-367, Livermore, CA 94551-9900
Web: http://cherrypit.princeton.edu/donev