[MPI3 Fortran] Argument data sizes

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Sep 18 16:17:22 CDT 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 5:10 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> It seems like this comes back down to the whole "multiple language
> interoperability" set of issues again.  :-)

I take that back -- this is not a multi-language issue.  You have the
same issue if you compile a Fortran library with -i8 and you compile
you app (that uses that library) without -i8.

What do Fortran app developers / usually do in this case?  Do they
ship multiple versions of their libraries?  Or do they tend to only
support either -i4 or -i8 (but not both)?

Does it happen often/ever that there's multiple libraries that must be
linked together in a single application, and not all of them are
available at the same -iX value?

Cisco Systems