[MPI3 Fortran] [Fwd: Library-based ASYNCHRONOUS I/O and SYNC MEMORY]

Iain Bason Iain.Bason at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 9 15:08:06 CDT 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Bill Long wrote:

> For those who believe this is a real problem, could someone please
> provide a test case that shows such code motion by an actual
> compiler (vendor, version number, compiler options used) that runs
> incorrectly on an actual system (type, number of processors used, OS
> information)?

I don't have all that information handy, but this has definitely
affected the Sun compiler with the NAS CG benchmark.  We have a
compiler flag to inhibit the code motion.

Iain