[MPI3 Fortran] [Fwd: Library-based ASYNCHRONOUS I/O and SYNC MEMORY]

Craig Rasmussen crasmussen at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 9 12:48:33 CDT 2008

I'm planning on summarizing where we are at the moment with some
examples in the wiki.  Hopefully I can get to it later today or
tomorrow at the latest.

For now I'll just point out that there are two separate issues:

1. API (interfaces) for calling MPI functions like MPI_Send.
   - This is largely settled with the new proposed features to the
language (TYPE(*) and DIMENSION(..)).
2. A mechanism to inhibit code motion involving asynchronous MPI calls.
  - This is still an open issue.

Cheers,
Craig