[MPI3 Fortran] [Fwd: Library-based ASYNCHRONOUS I/O and SYNC MEMORY]

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Tue Sep 9 12:06:41 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 05:19, Dan Nagle wrote:
> Look, MPI works with Fortran, and it has for years.
What a false statement, unless your Fortran does *not* mean "The ISO Fortran
Standard". MPI works with a hacked Fortran, thanks to hacks done by vendors,
users, and the MPI Forum itself. It does NOT work with standard Fortran.
Period. There is an emergency, if you want the standard to have any
significance. I would hope so, being the chair of J3!
Best,
Aleks
--
Aleksandar Donev, Ph.D.
Lawrence Postdoctoral Fellow @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
E-mail: donev1 at llnl.gov
Phone: (925) 424-6816  Fax: (925) 423-0785
Address: P.O.Box 808, L-367, Livermore, CA 94551-9900
Web: http://cherrypit.princeton.edu/donev