[MPI3 Fortran] [Fwd: Library-based ASYNCHRONOUS I/O and SYNC MEMORY]

Hubert Ritzdorf ritzdorf at it.neclab.eu
Sun Sep 7 05:24:39 CDT 2008

Hi,

also I think that a begin and end section is required and the compiler needs
full control. One possibility would be:

!cdir noopt_begin{buffer1, buffer2, buffer3)
!cdir noopt_end (buffer1)
!cdir noopt_end (buffer1, buffer2)

which simply turns off any optimization for the buffers
"buffer1, buffer2, buffer3" within the block defined by
"begin" and "end" such as the Fortran compiler knows
the buffers "buffer1, buffer2, buffer3". The user program
is responsible to provide enough Fortran internal info
on the buffers.

More specific:

!cdir noopt_begin{buffer1, buffer2, buffer3}
    should inform the compiler that the buffers
    (as the compilers knows them) are used by some other interface.
    The compiler should
      (*) all register optimiation concerning buffer1, buffer2, buffer3
            write back to memory
      (*) not move any statement into/out the begin/end block
           of "no optimization"
      (*) not remove "buffer1, buffer2 or buffer3" before the
           corresponding "noopt_end" directive for the corresponding
           buffer within the compile unit is reached

!cdir noopt_end(buffer)
     should inform the compiler that
     (*) optimization is now allowed again
     (*) no code corresponding buffer (as it is known by the
           Fortran compiler) should be moved before the "noopt_end"
           directive

The end of a compile unit implicitly specifies the end of all "noopt_begin"
directives which were not already finished.

I assume that SYNC MEMORY will implicitly flush the memory or
perform an internal barrier which might be to expensive in general
case.

Hubert