[MPI3 Fortran] [Fwd: Library-based ASYNCHRONOUS I/O and SYNC MEMORY]

Dan Nagle dannagle at verizon.net
Fri Sep 5 15:15:56 CDT 2008

Hello,

On Sep 5, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> It would be nice to have libraries be able to have asynchronous IO
> in Fortran, but I don't pretend to be anything close enough to a
> Fortran expert to be able to engage in the debate.  :-\

One issue is that this may involve trying to have
the external library manipulate data structures
that are internal to the compiler/RTL.  That might,
in the view of some vendors, involve releasing
trade secrets and/or proprietary design details.

In any case, from a standards point of view, it's
difficult to define, since the internal compiler/RTL
data structures are not specified by the standard
(even if, sometimes, there's only One Good Way to do
something).

--
Cheers!

Dan Nagle