[MPI3 Fortran] Serial and Parallel Code

Carlos Avila cavila67 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 10:04:09 CDT 2008

  I have a sequential FE code composed of about 150 subroutines in FORTRAN, and I want to parallelize ONLY ONE of them the LINEAR SOLVER

  Would you please answer the following question?

  1. Can I run sequential and parallel (combined) code in the same program?
  2 If that is possible what kind of MPI commands or directives should be included in the sequential code to make it compatible with the parallel code.
  3. The serial code is going to call only one PARALLEL SUBROUTINE (the solver), if I call MPI_INIT only in one subroutine, what happen with the variables of the serial code.

  Any response from you will be really valuable.

  My best regards,

  Carlos Avila