[MPI3 Fortran] Summary of items on the table

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Mon Apr 28 18:48:13 CDT 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 12:12, Craig Rasmussen wrote:

> 3. Map void* to type(C_VOID) defined in the ISO_C_BINDING intrinsic
> module and add LANG=C to the Fortran standard.

> 4. Add an IGNORE attribute with parameters T (type) K (kind) R (rank)
> for BIND(C) interfaces.  This pretty much (as I understand it) does
> the same thing as #3
Assuming both are restricted to BIND(C) interfaces only, an important
difference, in my mind, is that #3 above only addresses TK mismatch. Rank
mismatch, strided arrays, dope vectors, and anything other than type is
covered by existing Fortran rules, whether they be good or bad. It is exactly
as it is for CLASS(*) dummy arguments in Fortran 2003, the only difference is
that no type descriptor would be passed to C, only an address.

Aleks