[mpiwg-coll] backward communication in neighborhood collectives

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 23 10:02:43 CDT 2018

Jeff,
 No. I do not want to send messages to other ranks (not in comm_dist_graph).
 My question is: I create a graph with MPI_Dist_graph_create_adjacent,
which specifies a communication direction. I can do MPI_Neighbor_alltoallv
on it. That is great.  But I also want to do backward communication
(reverse the direction of the edges in graph). How can I do it without
creating a new communicator?
The background of this question is: In PETSc, we have an operation called
VecScatter, which scatters some entries of a parallel vector x to another
parallel vector y. Sometime, we want to reverse the operation, to scatter y
entries to x.

--Junchao Zhang