[mpi3-coll] Telecon to discuss DV-collectives (Alltoalldv)

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 13 19:15:00 CDT 2011

Hi Alexander,
> To the 2nd item: we had a comparable proposal for the conventional V
> ops in the past (see
> https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/23).
It seems like this proposal requires still all P entries in all arrays
and thus has the \Omega(P) time and space overhead that we're trying to
push down to O(k) (while we assume that k=O(log(P)) at very large
scale).

All the Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead