[mpi3-coll] NBC Proposal Revision 2

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Tue Jan 27 21:20:23 CST 2009

Torsten:

One comment on recent changes -- because of the
matching rules, I am not convinced that nonblocking
collectives are always sufficient to eliminate the
problem of cyclic dependencies. I think the text
added to page 66 based on Christian's comment could
use a little tweaking. Specifically, I suggest:

page 66, line 26:

Nonblocking collective operations can be used to avoid such problems.

change to:

Nonblocking collective operations can alleviate this issue.

or:

Nonblocking collective operations can alleviate this restriction.

Otherwise, things look good although we still need Adam's
changes to the introductory NBC text before we can review...

Bronis