[mpi3-coll] array parameters in nonblocking collectives

Graham, Richard L. rlgraham at ornl.gov
Sat Aug 1 12:27:07 CDT 2009

The only issue I would have with this is that this forces the users to keep these objects in scope for the duration of the communication, which sort of defeats the intent of the nonblocking collectives.  Having said that, the same issue holds for the data, and I would not suggest that we keep a copy of the data, so I realize I am advocating an inconsistent view point, so this may not be so good an idea.

Rich