[Mpi3-subsetting] agenda for subsetting kickoff telecon ww09

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at [hidden]
Thu Feb 28 22:29:01 CST 2008

Hi,

Thanks. What subsets inside the current standard would you propose? What
interfaces between them would you envision?

Good idea about the optimization opportunities. Here's an initial
combined list, with the main benefits as I see them. Please
comment/extend.

- Dynamic process support: less overhead in the progress engine, easier
global rank handling.
- Heterogeneity: better memory footprint, easier data handling.
- Derived datatypes (especially those with holes): better memory
footprint.
- MPI_ANY_SOURCE: faster, more simple multifabric progress.
- File I/O: smaller requests, easier wait/test functions.
- One-sided ops: no passive target w/o MPI calls - no extra progress
thread.
- Communicator & group management: better memory footprint.
- Message tagging: better support for stable dataflow exchanges, smaller
packets.
- Non-blocking communication: easier ordering, simplified request
handling.

Best regards.

Alexander