[Mpi3-bwcompat] Phone conf schedule?

Quincey Koziol koziol at [hidden]
Tue May 17 13:09:15 CDT 2011

On May 17, 2011, at 1:01 PM, Fab Tillier wrote:

> The meeting request I had expired 4/15/2011.  Do we want to resume it?
>
> Couple topics of interest, actually on topic for our working group:
> - Removing deprecated functions (e.g. MPI_UB, MPI_LB, etc.) from MPI 3.0.  They are still available via MPI 2.2 support, and an implementation can easily provide concurrent support for MPI 2.2 and MPI 3.0, should that be required.
> - Defining the C++ bindings as optional in MPI 3.0.  This allows implementations that do not ship C++ bindings to be standard compliant.
> - Removing C++ bindings from MPI 3.0.  This one goes counter to the previous one, but follows the same logic as for the other deprecated functions.  If we don't provide C++ bindings for new MPI 3.0 functionality, we should remove them from MPI 3.0.  They can still be supported via MPI 2.2 compliance.

        Anything to discuss about const buffers?

        I've got someone working on extensions to the datatype construction routines, creating a use case/justification for why we should add those routines to 3.0.  Adam Moody was going to create a ticket for those, once I give him this use case document.  [Dunno if we need to talk about anything yet on this though]

        Quincey