[Mpi3-bwcompat] Ticket 265 ready for review

Rajeev Thakur thakur at [hidden]
Wed Jan 26 16:31:06 CST 2011

I wasn't at the last Forum meeting, so may have missed some of the background.

Is ticket #224 obsolete now? If so, you may want to indicate that in 224.

Do MPI_Send/Recv etc. remain unchanged, i.e., no MPI_Count in them? If so, why do we need a new MPI_Get_count?

Are the new "w" versions of the collectives specifically related to this ticket (i.e. to address the 64-bit count requirement) or are they a separate issue (i.e. a general need for array of datatypes instead of one datatype)?

Minor typos: Two of the prototypes for Scatterw say Scatterv instead.

Rajeev