[Mpi3-bwcompat] Mtg today?

Fab Tillier ftillier at [hidden]
Fri Jan 21 13:08:47 CST 2011

Quincey Koziol wrote on Fri, 21 Jan 2011 at 10:37:23

> On Jan 21, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Fab Tillier wrote:
>
>> I am expecting so, though am woefully unprepared...  How fast two
>> weeks go by.
>
> 	I was hoping to call in, but a previous meeting overran its
> schedule by ~30 minutes. :-/
>
> 	Fab - you asked me to work on something at the last forum
> meeting, but I've forgotten what that was now.  Can you refresh my
> memory, so I can get it done?

You were going to create a new ticket to extend the datatype creation functions to take MPI_Count as input, so that creating large datatypes is easier for your code.  I would recommend showing your use case, to help explain why creating a bunch of smaller datatypes is nasty.

-Fab