[Mpi3-bwcompat] MPI_Count mixing with int...

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Thu Jul 8 12:29:37 CDT 2010

On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Fab Tillier wrote:

> >       I agree - we shouldn't conflate counts and sizes, they are
> > totally different things.  Defining them both makes sense to me.
>
> But they are the same for the MPI_PACKED datatype, so really shouldn't be different.

...and let's not forget that MPI_Aint's are used for displacements in MPI_GEt, MPI_PUT, and MPI_ACCUMULATE.  :-\  Should we disentangle those, too?

> As an aside, can count ever be larger than size_t?

I don't think so, but why do you ask?

jsquyres_at_[hidden]
For corporate legal information go to: