[Mpi3-abi] Meeting notes from 10th March

Erez Haba erezh at [hidden]
Fri Mar 14 11:21:53 CDT 2008

I will upload the various mpi.h files and start the table on the ABI wiki page.

-----Original Message-----
From: mpi3-abi-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:mpi3-abi-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Jeff Brown
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:11 PM
To: MPI 3.0 ABI working group; mpi3-abi_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [Mpi3-abi] Meeting notes from 10th March

I propose a way we can make progress ...

Let's start populating a matrix (excel spreadsheet) with a column for
each MPI implementation, and rows for the various MPI datatypes,
constants, etc. where the internal implementations varys.  I'll kick
it off for OpenMPI and send out.

The last column of the matrix can be "ABI" where we propose a common
approach across the implementations.

A couple of driving principles:
1. the ABI solution shouldn't negatively impact quality of implementation
2. minimize platform specific solutions

I'd like to see if we can produce a single ABI that spans platforms.

comments?

Jeff