[Mpi3-abi] For the April MPI Forum Meeting

Jeff Brown jeffb at [hidden]
Thu Apr 24 12:53:01 CDT 2008

here's what I see on the wiki:

Types           HP                      IBM     Microsoft
MPICH2  OpenMPI                         ABI
MPI_Datatype    struct
hpmp_dtype_s*    int     int             int     struct
ompi_datatype_t*         TBD
MPI_Op          struct
hpmp_op_s*       int     int             int     struct
ompi_op_t*               TBD
MPI_Comm                struct
hpmp_comm_s*     int     int             int     struct
ompi_communicator_t*     TBD
MPI_Errhandler  struct
hpmp_err_s*      int     int             int     struct
ompi_errhandler_t*       TBD

Examples                HP                      IBM     Microsoft
   MPICH2          OpenMPI                 ABI
Datatype
MPI_CHAR       &hpmp_char              4       0x4c000101
0x4c000101      &ompi_mpi_char          TBD
Op MPI_SUM      &hpmp_sum               enum
2  0x58000003      0x58000003      &ompi_mpi_op_sum        TBD
MPI_COMM_WORLD  &hpmp_comm_world        enum
0  0x44000000      0x44000000      &ompi_mpi_comm_world    TBD
Compare MPI_IDENT       0                       enum
0  0               0               enum 0                  TBD

There's a lot more detail in the spreadsheet.  To do this right, we
need to cover the entire space.  I'd prefer to stick with excel
(posted to the wiki) and add columns for the various implementations.

*