[Mpi-forum] FoRMA'22 Call for Participation: Future of MPI RMA Workshop June 15 & 16

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at icl.utk.edu
Sun Jun 12 20:46:13 CDT 2022

A gentle reminder, please feel free to distribute where you see fit :)
Apologies if you receive multiple copies.

*Future of MPI RMA Workshop (FoRMA'22)*

https://mpiwg-rma.github.io/forma22/

The MPI RMA Working Group is organizing a virtual workshop aimed at
gathering input from users and implementors of MPI RMA with past
experiences and ideas for improvements, as well as hardware vendors to
discuss future developments of high-performance network hardware
relevant to MPI RMA. The goal is to evaluate the current design of MPI
RMA, to learn from the current state of practice, and to start the
process of rethinking the design of one-sided communication in the MPI
standard.

The workshop will be held entirely virtual on *June 15 & 16* and the
results and contributions will be combined into a joint white paper.

*Call for Participation*

We encourage everyone interested in one-sided communication models in
general and MPI RMA in particular to join this two day workshop and
contribute to its success through questions and comments. We encourage a
lively and open exchange of ideas and discussions between the speakers
and the audience. Registration for the workshop is available at
https://mpiwg-rma.github.io/forma22/ and used to distribute the
connection information. Please direct any questions to
schuchart at icl.utk.edu.

*Call for Short Talks*

We are seeking input from users of MPI RMA willing to share their
experiences, results, and lessons learned in short talks of 10-15
minutes. No stand-alone publications are required. In particular, the
following topics for contributions are of interest:

- Successful and unsuccessful attempts of using MPI RMA to improve the
communication efficiency of applications and middle-ware;
- Challenges in implementing and porting applications and middle-ware on
top of MPI RMA;
- Features that are missing from MPI RMA.

If interested, please send a short email with the title of the talk to
schuchart at icl.utk.edu.

*Organizing committee*

Joseph Schuchart, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
James Dinan, Nvidia Inc.
Bill Gropp, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign