[Mpi-forum] Virtual MPI Forum Meeting Tomorrow (ACTION ITEMS INCLUDED)

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Mon Jul 18 23:23:34 CDT 2022

Hi all,

After some break, we’ll have an MPI Forum Virtual Meeting tomorrow at the usual time – 10am CT – and using the usual link, which is on github at the usual place.

As mentioned before, the goal tomorrow is get an overview of the state in the various working groups and chapter committees in our progress to MPI 4.1. We will use this to build a todo/gating issues list during the September meeting and with that plan a (hopefully) concrete timeline for MPI 4.1.

However, this means that we need your input on two things:
The status of the open items on the github boards (see Wesley’s email from July 6th)
Any open issues from the WGs that should be considered for MPI 4.1 (or which ones can be postponed to MPI 5.0)
(keep in mind, though, MPI 4.1 was not supposed to include major items or additions, just cleanup and minor urgent changes)

Therefore, I would like to ask all of to review these items above (especially if you are tagged on one of the items on the github boards). Also, it would be really helpful, if each WG lead would be able to join us tomorrow or have a representative, so we can discuss the open issues.

For reference, here are the links to the boards:

* https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/projects/3 (GitHub’s old project boards version)

* https://github.com/orgs/mpi-forum/projects/1/views/2 (GitHub’s new project boards version)

Thanks and hopefully see/hear you all tomorrow,

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)

Email: schulzm at in.tum.de