[Mpi-forum] September MPI Forum Reading and Vote Announcments

Wes Bland work at wesbland.com
Mon Aug 22 10:32:35 CDT 2022

Hi all,

I think Martin may still be out on holiday, so on his behalf I wanted to remind folks about a few things coming up:

1. We have virtual meetings for the next two weeks. This week, Joseph will lead a discussion about RMA topics that are planned for a reading at the September meeting. Next week, Ignacio will lead a discussion of the Reinit fault tolerance proposal. Please attend and give early feedback if possible. Recordings will be posted in the usual place on the website (https://www.mpi-forum.org/virtual_meetings/ <https://www.mpi-forum.org/virtual_meetings/>) after the meeting is over.

2. Please continue to work on the outstanding issues for MPI 4.1 that are assigned to you: https://github.com/orgs/mpi-forum/projects/1/views/3 <https://github.com/orgs/mpi-forum/projects/1/views/3>. As discussed during the VM, we’re trying to get through as many of these as possible to be able to turn out MPI 4.1 in the early timeframe.

3. Along those lines, if you have made progress on your MPI 4.1 issues (or anything else), go ahead and start sending out announcements to this list for the September 2022 meeting. The announcement deadline is September 12, but early announcements are always welcome.

Remember that the upcoming meeting will take place as a hybrid meeting with both in-person attendees in Chattanooga, TN and remote participation via Zoom. We’re working with our new SPI partners to get the registration page set up for both the conference and the MPI Forum meeting as quickly as possible and will post details as soon as it’s ready to go. We’ll also post a more specific schedule when we have it, but we’ll be running this meeting as we have run in-person meetings in the past with full-day meetings in the local time zone.

Thanks,
Wes